Sunday, October 27, 2013

Acoustic music

The Acoustic Twist

Because it's fall, I've been listening to massive amounts of acoustic music. However, I've been straying away from the strict "just-guitars" acoustic music and listening to something a little different. I don't really know how to explain this new sound other than the fact that it is AMAZING. 

I found all these artists on Youtube (crazy right?) and since finding them, I have been following their channels religiously. Most of the artists I found perform mostly covers of songs however, I love that they put a twist on it. 

The first band I found is called Anthem Lights who could easily be described as Pop. However, their strong christian values have influenced some of their songs. My favorite one featuring them is a cover of Swedish House Mafia's Don't You Worry Child. 


Their Youtube channel also features videos of amazing covers or original music that can and will automatically put a smile on your face. Like this acoustic Justin Timberlake cover/mashup.


The next artist I found is Tyler Ward who, like Anthem Lights, does original acoustic music and covers. Tyler Ward is hands down super talented. There really isn't a cover of his that I don't like not to mention he puts his personality in all his youtube videos. He is such a lovable guy! The other thing I like about his music is the variety. He not only does slow, acoustic ballads but he also does faster pop songs. He also brings in other artists that could also be found on Youtube! 


This cover song is beyond amazing and features two great artists! If you want to see more of his music, visit his Youtube channel! Here's another great couple of videos featuring Tyler Ward and other artists!

I love this cover and these guys all meshed perfectly. 

However, this cover of the Lumineer's Ho Hey is my absolute favorite! 

If you want to hear some my favorite songs of Anthem Lights and Tyler Ward click on the links below which are links to Spotify playlists featuring Tyler Ward and Anthem Lights. Don't forget to follow me on Spotify! I literally update it everyday with new music! (that was an understatement). 






No comments:

Post a Comment