Monday, March 31, 2014

Jam Session

Jam Session: New Country Albums

It was a great start to spring for Country music this past month! Basically, my bank account is going to be gone by the time I'm finished buying all these albums off of iTunes. This post is going to be one big jam session because I have a lot of great albums you all have to check out!

10,000 Towns by Eli Young Band


Eli Young Band holds such a special place in my heart. Their song Even if it Breaks your Heart brings tears to my eyes every single time I hear it. Why? Because I'm a sap...and because it has such a powerful message (duh). So when Drunk Last Night was released as the first single off their new album earlier this year, I downloaded it immediately and played it nonstop. I was prepared to hear excellence when 10,000 Towns was released and I was pleasantly surprised. Eli Young Band has such a distinct and mellow sound that definitely sets them apart from the rest of country music. 
My Favorite songs are:
10,000 Towns
Dust
Angel Like You
Let's Do Something Tonight
Your Last Broken Heart
Prayer for the Road
Check out their 10,000 Towns below!



Riser by Dierks Bentley


So Dierks Bentley has been around for quite a while and he's become such a big star in country music. Personally, I think he's awesome. When he released I Hold On as the first single off his new album, I wasn't sure what to think of it. I liked it, but at the same time I wasn't crazy about it. I still bought it. I still listened to it. But my end feeling was like "eh..." When Riser came out February 25th, I actually forgot about it until my cousin told me to listen to it over spring break. So I did and it was fantastic. This album is really different than what we're used to seeing with Dierks Bentley. I feel the lyrics and the music really complement each other. The music seems fierce and intense but his voice tones down what could potentially be strong back beats and over powering guitars. This album definitely focuses a lot more on what is being said compared to how it's said. I like every song on this album, however these are my absolute hands-down favorite songs:
Say You Do
Pretty Girls
Drunk on a Plane
Five
Damn These Dreams
Back Porch 
Check out Riser below!




Where it All Began by Dan+Shay


So I didn't really know much about Dan+Shay, even when they came out with their song 19 You and Me. After hearing them on the radio a few times, I couldn't tell if they were country or more pop rock. After hearing their album, Where it all Began, I've come to the conclusion that these guys are definitely country and they're someone you should check out. Not only are they the cutest things in the world, but they're voices work so well together (talk about perfect harmonies!). I almost feel that they're like Florida Georgia Line only more toned down and acoustic. The music you can expect to hear on this album is going to be more acoustic but I think it's absolutely perfect for summer. The lyrics are so detailed and it describes what you would think summer would be. Although their album doesn't come out until April 3rd, you can stream it on Spotify! I'm counting down the days as we speak!
My favorite songs are:
Show You Off
Stop Drop + Roll
What you Do To Me
Can't Say No
First Time Feeling
Somewhere Only We Know
Parking Brake
Check out Where it All Began Below!


Don't forget to check out my Spotify profile!

No comments:

Post a Comment