Friday, March 14, 2014

Fascination Friday

Love as of Lately

It's been a while since I've had a nice, relaxing vacation. It's spring break and I've welcomed the idea of doing absolutely nothing for the next couple of days. This post is dedicated to everything that I have been fascinated with or fell in love with over the past few days. 


1. MINNEAPOLIS At the start of Spring Break, I took a little trip with a couple of friends to Minneapolis. Considering it's only a 5 hour drive between Sioux Falls and Minneapolis, this trip seemed absolutely perfect for a small weekend get away. We visited the Mall of America, shopped, and had a wonderful dinner paired with equally as wonderful drinks. If you follow my instagram, ilaineg, you can get a glimpse into what the weekend was like!

2. SJP. Sarah Jessica Parker is the epitome of amazing. I aspire to be her! She has morphed into such an amazing woman since I saw her in the original Footloose movie, and I fell in love with her as Carrie Bradshaw. After seeing the entire series (more than once) and both of the movies (...again more than once), I have started to identify the two women as one. This video of SJP with Vogue makes me happy and love SJP, New York, and her life so much more.



3. MY BOOKS ABOUT PARIS. Over Christmas break, I went on a much need adventure in Barnes and Noble and found two amazing books about Paris. The first one, The Pairs Wife by Paula McLain showed me a little about Ernest Hemingway's first wife, Hadley. After getting married, they moved to Paris. They spent their days exploring Paris and other countries, socializing with friends, and falling in love. This book was beyond fantastic and sparked my fascination with Paris. I then started my other book, Paris My Sweet: A Year in the City of Light (and Dark Chocolate) by Amy Thomas. She tells her story about her life in Paris working for Louis Vuitton as a writer and exploring the city's finest sweet and chocolate shops. Although I'm not very far into the book, I am already in love with Paris and this book!



4. TAKE ME THERE. After reading the books about Paris, buying a journal with the Eiffel Tower on it, and pinteresting tons of pictures and links about traveling (view my Take me There board here), I have the biggest urge to run to a foreign country and see the world! In fact, this post on Ytravel blog 29 travel experiences to place on your bucket list has me itching to jump on the fastest plane across the ocean. 



5. JOHN LEGEND. After hearing All of Me on the radio, I knew I had to hear more. His album, Love in the Future, is everything I expected everything to be and more. It is sultry and the perfect kind of album to fall asleep to. And in all honesty, I would not complain having John Legend sing me to sleep every night.  



Don't forget to follow me on instagrampinterestspotify and twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment