Friday, March 29, 2013

Fashion Friday



Easter/Spring Dresses

Hey everyone! It's Friday so I'll be starting a new post called "Fashion Friday". Posts on Fridays will now consist of things in the fashion world that I'm currently digging! And I have plenty of material to last me a lot of Fridays. 

So as I mentioned in an earlier blog post, I was on the hunt for a dress that I could wear for both Easter and for my uncle's wedding. Since Easter is literally two days away and I had yet to find said dress, I decided to spend an afternoon at the mall and try on every single dress that I had a liking to. Granted, I did run into some difficulties, but I did walk out of the mall with a dress. YAY!!!!! 

One of the styles that I found amazing with some dresses were the "high-low" styles. The reason why I love these styles is mainly because it adds a little bit a different flare to it. It's like you look at it from the front and you're all "woah, short dress" and then you turn around it's like "BAM! long dress." High-low dresses look like this. 


Another style that I loved was definitely the crochet/lace dresses. The reason why I love these dresses was mainly for the texture. Its texture made it look really old fashion but modern at the same time. Crochet/lace dresses look like this.


But I think the number one thing that I love about spring dresses has got to be the patterns! I love dresses with either a floral print pattern or just a big bold pattern in general! However, what I found out is a hit or miss with prints is if you mix and match them. For instance, pairing stripes with a floral print bodice or a polka dotted flared bottom with a striped bodice. Sometimes they work well together. And when these prints work well together they blow all other prints out of the water. But, prints that don't match can be unappealing. Dresses with bold patterns look like this!


Remember how I was talking about the mix and match prints? Well here's a dress that proves that mixing and matching prints can work!

And now, I introduce you to my new dress! This dress I picked up from JCPenny's! Originally, the dress was $35, but luckily JCPenny was having a dress sale that day and I got at least 20% off my dress! Therefore, I ended up paying about $30! YAY ME!!!


I am completely in love with this dress not only because it features the high-low style, but it also features a semi-open back and a bold pattern! Everything that I was looking for in a perfect spring dress! 



No comments:

Post a Comment