Saturday, March 30, 2013

Sorority Saturday

Meet the Guidette Family

It's Saturday which means its Sorority Saturday! On Saturdays you can expect the posts to have something to do with sorority life! Whether it's cute crafts or the sorority survival tips, I'll post everything!

As a junior in my sorority I have built up quite a family of Littles and Grandlittles. Currently, I have two Littles (Ashley and Amber) and three Grandlittles (Aubrey, Dyllynn, and Jasmine). I love my little family! Hence the reason why I named our family The Guidette family. You're probably sitting here thinking why in the world did you name your family the Guidette family? 

Well to start with, we all love animal print, we're sassy, we're loud, and we're all a little bit crazy. I love my little sass-a-frasses :) 


Recently, we had big little reveal which is probably the greatest time at the sorority house. First of all, every one is so excited to see who their bigs are and the bigs are so excited to give their littles their cute little basket full of candy and crafts!

This is an example of the big little basket I made for one of my littles! 
In this big little basket I included: 
  • my little's favorite candy (her's happened to be snickers crunch)
  • Her favorite drink (blue Powerade)
  • A picture frame hand decorated with puff paint. 
  • A bucket decorated with puff paint that said her name and Alpha Xi Delta on it.
  • A painted piggy bank with the quote "When life hands you a little, craft for her -- TSM" written on it. 
  • And a Teddy Bear with double blue and gold ribbon tied around its neck

Sometimes you don't even have to give your little a basket! You could almost decorate anything, like these coolers for instance! 


One thing that I've started to really love is the canvas paintings! So many girls in my sorority did a canvas painting for their littles! This one is so cute and I can't wait to make one for my littles! P.S. if you are one of my littles and reading this currently, quit now....


Another item that girls put in their baskets was a quill box! This quill box is so cute and really cheap! I found this quill box on Etsy! The great thing about Etsy is you can even order to get it painted with your little's name on it! Also, Etsy has so many other cute designs for their quill boxes! Definitely check it out!


In the end, big little reveal is a perfect time to break out the paint and hot glue because crafting is the way to go! Even though it may seem like a lot of work, it is worth it to see the look on your little's face :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment