Thursday, March 28, 2013

Throw Back Thursday

Cowgirl Up

Its Throw Back Thursday! Blog posts on these days are dedicated to the past. This can range from clothes, to music, even to memories. So today, I'm going to talk about my past at home!

It's Easter break so obviously I went home. Although I went home for less than a day two weeks ago, it feels really nice to be back in Nebraska. I grew up in a small rural town. The best part about my small town is definitely the fact that it's in the country. Guilty of being a country girl. For as long as I could remember, my parents instilled the country way of living into me and honestly, I couldn't imagine a life without animals, a big back yard, lots of land, and the great outdoors.

This is a picture of me riding one of our firsts horses we had. At this time, I was about 9 or 10...maybe 11... But as you can see from the picture, Cowgirls start young :)

Currently, my family houses two dogs, one house cat (plus three more out in the barn) and three horses. Having animals is great! It taught me responsibility from a young age and it even taught me to have a great work ethic. If the horses don't get fed, they go hungry and the last thing you wanted was a hungry horse and an angry mom. 

Country living is a huge part of my life that I wish I could live more and more each day. I must admit that it is hard living at school where you go days or weeks without seeing a dog. 

But now that I'm home, I'm so happy that I can play with my puppy and see all my crazy farm animals. 

This is our house cat, Jinx! She loves sleeping underneath the Christmas tree during the Holidays. Here's a little secret. She's my christmas present every year :)


This picture is of my cousin and I riding two of our three horses. The darker brown one on the left is named Smokey and the one on the right is my horse, Sunny. Sadly, we had to sell Sunny last year because I was away at college and didn't have time to ride him anymore. But in Sunny's place we got another horse named Dawson. Along with Smokey and Dawson, we have my mom's horse Oakley. 


This is one of my crazy dogs! He's a 2 year-old German Shepherd named Max.


This is one of our barn kittens, Dolly! She's only a couple of months old and probably the cutest little fur ball you ever laid eyes on :)

Does anyone out there have as many pets as I do?!


No comments:

Post a Comment